Q: Do you accept insurance?

A: I no longer accept insurance, but I will give you information to a third party biller who can submit insurance for you after the birth. I will provide a superbill after care is rendered and she can submit to your insurance for reimbursement for you. All fees will still be due to me at 36 weeks gestation.

Q: What forms of payments do you take?

A: I accept cash, check, Venmo, CashApp, Zelle, credit cards(2.9% fee) and I am approved from Wyoming Medicaid  as well. 

Q: Do you charge for your first appointment?

A: Yes. The initial appointment is $300. Should we decide we are a good fit and proceed with care, then this goes toward your global fees. If we decided it is not a great fit, then it pays for that visit and is non-refundable.

Q: Do you do water births?

A: Yes, I allow water births. I have a birth pool available to rent if interested. As long as mother and baby are tolerating the water location then birth can take place there.

Q: Can I do a home birth if I had a cesarean section?

A: A VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) is allowed in Wyoming as long as the mother has had only one c-section and if the time between last birth and current birth is at least 18 months and was surgically closed with a classical or vertical incision.

Q: Can you deliver breech or twins?

A: No. Wyoming state does not allow delivery of breech or twins.

Q: What kind of equipment do you carry?

A: In my midwifery bags, I carry: a fetal doppler, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, baby scale, oxygen, suction equipment, neonatal resuscitation equipment, herbs, state approved drugs and suture supplies.

Q: Where is prenatal care done?

A: Prenatal care is done birth center then a home visit at 36 weeks and the rest of the exams will be at the office.

Q: Will you have an assistant or student at my prenatal/birth?

A: Yes. Wyoming recommends to have 2 people certified in CPR and NRP (neonatal resuscitation) so because of this, I will have an assistant. At times a student may ask to attend your birth. YOU are the one that can accept or decline that student to attend, but accepting will allow them to receive the experience and also help them in their recommended births to become a midwife. We need more midwives!

Q: Can my partner "catch" the baby?

A: Yes! We love when partners are involved in the birth.

Q: Will you file a birth certificate or do I have to?

A: After the birth, I will bring you the birth certificate worksheet. Once that is filled out, I will file with the State of Wyoming and a birth certificate will be registered for you as well as a social security number. This generally takes a week or two and you can get your copy through your county registrars.